Nowadays I don’t get time to blog every week as I use to earlier. Life with a 20 months old toddler is busy but I will try to write more often. Here is my toddler’s favorite ladoos which are little energy boosters for him, as they are made up of dates, mixed nuts, and chia seeds. They are gluten free and they can be vegan if you use coconut oil instead of clarified butter.
Chia seeds and hemp seeds are my favorites for plant-based omega and protein. I add them in our healthy smoothies and I also make coconut milk and chia seeds pudding for us or just add regular milk with some almonds and chocolate spread.
Here is the recipe of my son’s favorite ladoos.
4 cups of dates (Washed and de-seeded)
1/2 cup of whole almonds
1/2 cups of walnuts
1/2 cups of dried coconut (unsweetened)
4 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 tsp of clarified butter (ghee)
1. Wash and de-seed the dates.
2. Crush almonds, walnuts, and chia seeds in a food processor. Keep them aside.
(Note: You can add whole chia seeds if you want)
3. Add dates in the food processor until it becomes a dough like ball.
4. Now heat up a non-stick pan, add clarified butter and date mixture. Mix well.
5. Add crushed nuts, chia seeds, and dried coconut powder.
6. Do not over heat. Just until everything comes together in a dough shape ball.